The aim of this course is to introduce students to multimedia engineering, design, and manufacturing processes. Students learn to construct art objects, make support structures, and use of materials, workshop tools and machinery in a safe way.
Course content includes:
- Design and manufacture a range of art objects and support structures: painting supports, armatures and sculptures
- Design process and problem-solving
- Multimedia engineering and manufacturing processes
- Working with diverse equipment (metal, woodworking, plastic, stone)
- Safe use of materials, workshop tools and machinery
- Workshop health and safety practices.